FY12 Recent Achievements and Highlights
There is nothing more powerful than the combined efforts of committed volunteers, generous donors and focused activists working together to make change for women and girls. We all can be proud of our FY12 accomplishemnts:
- Invested more than $560,000 in 50 community based organizations working to advance public policy and provide critical services benefiting women and girls across the state;
- Offered new educational programing such as our film screening of "Miss Representation", looking a media's portrayl of women;
- Welcomed new executive director, Liz Vivian.
- Conducted a comprehensive listening tour with outreach to donors, grantees and community leaders culminating in a WFA strategic plan refresh; and
- Established a Game Changer Award to shine a spotlight on those at the forefront of progressive change for women and girls - accepted by Governor Chris Gregoire in its inaugural year.